The Fairfield Fire Department reports the following:
3:21 p.m. ? The fire department assisted EMS at Washington Elementary School. A child was choking on candy.
10:01 a.m. ? The department extinguished a grass fire at 185th and Larch. A ditch was being burned, but the fire got out of control because of windy, dry conditions.
6:05 p.m. ? The department provided mutual aid to extinguish a grass/timber fire at 1807 Carnation.
8:24 p.m. ? The department extinguished a grass fire at 1365 Mullberry Ave. A burned field reignited because of the wind.
12:22 p.m. ? The department extinguished a grass fire at 807 S. Maple. Windy conditions caused a leaf burn to become out of control.
7:13 p.m. ? The department extinguished a lawn mower that was on fire at 602 W. Broadway Ave.