To the editor:
The temperature is dropping and time is flying!
We are in desperate need of donations of the following items for our Black Friday Caring Through Clothing Event.
1. Winter blankets
2. Coats - infant to adult
3. Snow pants, Carhartts, etc.
4. Hats, mittens, gloves, and scarves
5. Winter boots - infant to adult
6. Used socks
7. Gently used toys, stuffed animals and books for children.
8. Items that would be appropriate for Christmas presents for parents and grandparents.
8. Wrapping paper
9. Bows and gift tags
10. Blank Christmas cards (for our Christmas mission.)
We always have a station where kids can ?shop? for Christmas presents for parents/grandparents and last year we ran completely out of gift items. They don?t have to be new at all. Some people donate old jewelry, candles, we got a cookie jar yesterday. Absolutely anything that would work.
This year we also are creating a second station where kids can decorate their own wrapping paper and make Christmas cards. We also will have pre-made wrapping paper available for any child who does not want to make their own.
If you have any of items to donate, you can put them on our porch at 305 East Broadway at any time that is convenient for you. Thank you in advance!
? Staci Ann Wilson Wright, Fairfield